Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Once a Month Cooking

When you have the equation of two full time working parents (working opposite schedules) + three kids + two dogs it equals: Dinner Impossible(not the cool one with Robert Irvine).  Hubs and I have been on this schedule for about 8 months now and dinner time has become somewhat random, which isn't something that we like.  When it comes to a family our size, sticking to the schedule is important.  We normally try to eat dinner between 5:30 and 6:00, due to bath's starting at 7:00 and bedtime at 8:00.  Since I normally cook dinner while Hubs helps with homework and watches Sylvia, if I'm not there he is out of his element.  I've been looking for ways to make my husband more efficient when I'm not there and still give my children a "clean" dinner.  

I stumbled across the website onceamonthmom.com.  I love the idea of cooking all day for just one day and then just pulling meals out of the freezer when you need them!
  It would take a lot of strain off of Hubs and I.  I'm a little busy (catching up with everything I've neglected during the week) on the weekends, so I have yet to do a full month of cooking, but there is still hope.  Instead I look over the Whole Foods and Vegetarian meal plans and pick meals that we would like and cook them at my leisure and just freeze the extra meals that I made.  We subscribe and pay the $8/month so that I can have access to all of the meal plans, which are awesome!  One great thing about the website, you can look at the menus from January 1, 2012 and older, just in case you don't take my word on the site's awesomeness.   

Now all we have to remember is to take one of our "frozen dinners" out.  If only laundry was this easy!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment